Nabil Fekir has spoken out on a possible transfer to Liverpool, saying he is ‘not close' to a move and weighing up his options.
Reports in France had initially stated an agreement between the clubs was in the pipeline, however those claims turned out to be premature.
Local journalists in Liverpool this week confirmed Jurgen Klopp's interest in the 24-year-old, reporting the Anfield club would step up their pursuit of the midfielder following Liverpool's Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid on Saturday.
Fekir, however, has now spoken out about the latest reports, claiming a move to Liverpool is still far off whilst he considers his options.
“I'm not close to Liverpool,” Fekir told Telefoot when questioned over a possible move to Anfield.
“There are talks with several clubs but I'm going to take time to think.”
He has previously stated he is open to a move away, however having fired Lyon into the Champions League next season, president Jean-Michel Aulas has said a move is far from certain.
“We simply know that teams are interested,” said Aulas. “His agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes has told us so.
“There have been no discussions either with Nabil or with other clubs, so it's very premature.
“He's also hesitating about whether he wants to play in the Champions League with Lyon.”
Liverpool manager Klopp is thought to be a big admirer of Fekir, with reports claiming the German sees him as the ideal replacement for Philippe Coutinho, who the Reds didn't replace after a £142million move to Barcelona in January.
The Reds will be hoping they can beat other clubs to his signature. However, Fekir, who has been at Lyon since his youth days, could still potentially choose to stay at his boyhood club in light of their Champions League qualification.